Who we are
Planned Future is a trading style of Planned Future Seminars Limited. Our website address is: https://plannedfuture.co.uk. This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you engage us for workplace financial education seminars and courses. This information will relate to the you and your employers financial circumstances such as occupational pension schemes. It may also include special categories of personal data such as data about trade union activities, if this is necessary for the provision of our services.
We may also collect information when you voluntarily complete client surveys or provide feedback to us.
Information relating to usage of our website is collected using cookies. These are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. We’ll use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to the site.
Information about connected individuals
We may need to gather personal information about your close family members and dependants in order to provide our service to you effectively. In such cases it will be your responsibility to ensure that you have the consent of the people concerned to pass their information on to us. We’ll provide a copy of this privacy notice for them or, where appropriate, ask you to pass the privacy information to them.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with the services for which you engage us.
Who might we share your information with?
If you agree, we may email you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We won’t share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside our group of companies.
In order to deliver our services to you effectively we may send your details to third parties such as those that we engage for professional compliance, accountancy, legal services or financial advisers used to run the courses and seminars.
Where third parties are involved in processing your data we’ll have a contract in place with them to ensure that the nature and purpose of the processing is clear, that they are subject to a duty of confidence in processing your data and that they’ll only act in accordance with our written instructions.
Where it’s necessary for your personal data to be forwarded to a third party we’ll use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in transit. This will include, but is not limited to, password protection and encryption of data.
To fulfil our obligations in respect of prevention of money-laundering and other financial crime we may send your details to third party agencies for identity verification purposes.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
During the course of our relationship with you we’ll retain personal data which is necessary to provide services to you. We’ll take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data up to date throughout our relationship.
We’re also subject to regulatory requirements to retain your data for specified minimum periods. These are, generally:
- Five years for investment business
- Three years for mortgage business
- Indefinitely for pension transfers and opt-out business
- Three years for insurance business
These are minimum periods, during which we have a legal obligation to retain your records.
We reserve the right to retain data for longer where we believe it’s in our legitimate interests to do so. In any case, we’ll not keep your personal data for longer than 10 years after our relationship with you has ended.
How can I access the information you hold about me?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you’d like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email or write to us using the contact details noted below.
When your personal data is processed by automated means you have the right to ask us to move your personal data to another organisation for their use.
We have an obligation to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is incorrect.
We’d like to send you information about our products and services and those of other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you’ve agreed to receive marketing information, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us by email or post.
For further information visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
What can you do if you are unhappy with how your personal data is processed?
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection. In the UK this is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113 (local rate)
How to contact us
Or write to us at;
Planned Future, Aldford House, Bell Meadow Business Park, Pulford, Chester, CH4 9EP
Protecting your personal information
- To provide our services properly we’ll need to collect information about you and your employers personal and financial circumstances. We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to deliver our services.
- Processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of our contract for services with you. Generally, this is the lawful basis on which we intend to rely for the processing of your data. (Please, see the reference to special categories of data below). Our policy is to gather and process only that personal data which is necessary for us to conduct our services appropriately with you
- We adopt a transparent approach to the processing of your personal data. Sometimes, we may need to pass your personal information to other organisations. If you apply to run one of our services we’ll need to pass certain personal details to the product or service provider.
- We may engage the services of third-party providers of professional services in order to enhance the service we provide to you. These parties may also need to process your personal data in the performance of their contract with us. Your personal information may be transferred electronically (e.g. by email or over the internet) and we, or any relevant third party, may contact you in future by what we believe to be the most appropriate means of communication at the time (e.g. telephone/ email /letter etc.).
- The organisations to whom we may pass your details also have their own obligations to deal with your personal information appropriately. Sometimes a product or service may be administered from a country outside Europe. If this is the case, the firm must put a contract in place to ensure that your information is adequately protected.
- We will issue you with our Privacy Notice. This is a is a separate document which provides more information about the nature of our personal data processing activities and includes details of our retention and deletion policies as well as your rights of access to the personal information that we hold on you.
- As part of this agreement we’ll ask you to consent to the transfer of personal information in accordance with the protections outlined above.
- Special categories of personal data: there are certain categories of personal data that are sensitive by nature. The categories include: data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership and data concerning health. Depending on the nature of the products and services that you engage us for we may need to obtain your sensitive personal data particularly in relation to health. Our policy is that should we require any special category of personal data we will only gather this with your explicit consent.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of our privacy arrangements please speak to us.